Melvyl is a search tool to discover not only books, DVDs, and government documents but also articles, data sets, and archival materials which have not normally been accessible through traditional library catalogs.
- Melvyl allows you to limit your search to UC Merced or broaden it to UC Libraries or even Libraries Worldwide.
- Melvyl uses facets on the left hand side of search results pages allowing you to narrow your results to specific authors, dates, formats, etc.
- Melvyl brings together various editions and formats of a work into one record.
- Melvyl includes Request buttons and UC-eLinks buttons as needed to allow users to check for full-text availability and to request resources through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- Melvyl includes citation functionality allowing you to copy citation information in common citation formats (e.g. MLA, APA) or to export data to reference manager tools (e.g. RefWorks, Endnote).
See tabs in this Using Melvyl guide for more explanation of these features.
|24/7 Chat: Real-time chat services provided by library staff from various academic libraries.
|Phone: Call the Library Services Desk at 209.228.4444
|Facebook: Post your questions on the Wall of Discussion board.
|Research Support Program: Send a request to meet with a librarian.
|Roving Reference: Ask a question of a Roving Reference student assistant. Look for the red shirt.
|Email: Email your question to email@example.com|